Monday, April 16, 2018

Handmade Dollhouse Miniature 1:12 Scale Kitchen Towel, Pot Holder, and Oven Mitt

Hello crafters!

Haven't posted in a few weeks since crafting has been taking up a ton of time. Don't worry, I'll be trying to post a little more often!

Lately, I've been working on creating a few new miniature items with fabric & felt. A few of those miniature items include a 1:12 scale miniature kitchen towel, pot holder, and oven mitt. (items are shown in the photo below!)


The hardest mini item to create out of all three items was actually the oven mitt. First, to create the oven mitt, I gathered white felt & black thread. Next, I spread Tacky Glue on the white felt. Before the glue had fully dried, I cut out two oven mitt shapes. Then, I placed both oven mitt shapes neatly on each other so the glue would stick the pieces while hardening the felt a little bit so I could easily sew through it. After that, while the glue on the oven mitt was almost dry but not too hard, I started hand-sewing the sides of the oven mitt. Finally, after I finished sewing the oven mitt, I glued both ends of a piece of thread into the corner of the oven mitt to make a little holder.

I had actually created the kitchen towel and pot holder before the oven mitt. To make the kitchen towel and pot holder, I bought an actual checker-printed kitchen towel and cut it down to 1:12 scale size. Since the towel I was using did unravel, I spread Tacky Glue on a piece of it before cutting it down. Before the glue-drowned towel piece was completely dry, I cut out two square pot-holder-sized pieces and pressed the two pieces together. After the two pieces dried together, I carefully squeezed both ends of a piece of thread between the two pieces of the pot holder. Once it was dry, the pot holder was finished!

To finish creating the kitchen towel, I waited until the towel piece covered in glue was dry. Once it was dry, I carefully used my scissors to cut down the towel piece to the size of a 1:12 scale kitchen towel. Finally, I trimmed up or glued any extra strings or pieces hanging off of the towel.

I hope you liked this miniature pot holder, oven mitt, and kitchen towel!

Until my next craft,
- CrazyCraftyKitty

No comments:

Post a Comment