Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Marshmallow Roasting Prep Board

Hello crafters!

After a few weeks of crafting a ton, I'm super excited to finally post another new mini creation of mine!

Recently, I finished creating a beautiful Marshmallow Roasting Prep Board. It was actually a pretty interesting type of prep board to try considering I had never tried to make miniature sticks. I'm pretty happy with the final result.

To create the sticks, I gathered two toothpicks along with glue, and 3 brown markers, each a different shade of brown. First, I cut both toothpicks in half. Next, I cut off the toothpick tips on 3 of the toothpick halves. Then, I used a light brown marker to color all 3 pieces. After that, I colored the 3 toothpick halves lightly with a medium brown marker & a dark brown marker. Then, I glued the toothpick tips onto the already-colored toothpick halves. After a few minutes, once the glue had dried enough, I colored the tips in the same sequence that I colored the toothpick halves. Once I finished adding the tips, the miniature sticks were completed!

After I had finished making the miniature sticks for the prep board, I started working on the marshmallows! The marshmallows were a lot easier to create. First, I gathered some white air-dry clay. Next, I rolled a small piece of white clay into a ball. Then, I pressed the ball down just a touch & shaped it enough to form a marshmallow look & shape. After that, and once I added the marshmallows onto the sticks, I mixed a small bit of black Puffy Paint with brown Puffy Paint to create a dark brown color. Finally, I used a toothpick to spread a super light coat of the dark brown Puffy Paint onto the marshmallows on the sticks to give a 'Cooked Marshmallow" look.

I really love the final result! What do you think?


Until next time,
- Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment