Saturday, March 3, 2018

WIP Descendants 2 Evie Cotillion Dress Inspired Doll Dress

Hello crafters!

Last night I started working on another craft project & I'm so excited to post a few pictures of how it looks so far!

At the moment, I'm working on a beautiful doll dress inspired by Evie's Cotillion dress in the Disney movie, Descendants 2. Not even close to finishing it yet, but it seems to be coming out pretty good.

So far, the hardest part has been trimming the fabric into the perfect shape, size, and look. I actually just finished sewing the velcro onto the back of the dress last night. Though, since different dolls can be different sizes, I decided to try a new technique to easily adjust the size of the dress for mostly any doll at any time. For this technique, I basically sewed both sides together but left about an inch length of thread between both sides. After doing this, the dress can adjust to fit on many different doll sizes with & without the velcro attached.

Here are a few photos of how the back & front of the dress looks on a few different dolls:










Photo of Evie's actual Cotillion dress in Descendants 2


Mainly using blue craft felt to make the dress. I'm planning to try to paint on tons of little decals soon to make the dress look more similar Evie's dress.

Well, I hope you like it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment