Sunday, March 4, 2018

Dollhouse Miniature S'mores inspired Cake

Hello crafters!

"Ahh, a nice summer evening at the beach! So relaxing, but a sweet treat would just make it so much better!" said Barbie.  If that's what your dolls are also thinking, don't fear! Sweets are finally here!

Lately, I've been working on a variety of new cakes & have been trying to see how unusual, while still realistic, I can make them. Whenever I saw this weekend's challenge, Beach Crafts on the app, Crafty Amino, it looked so fun that I just had to try making a cake inspired by the beach!

After hours of thinking, I thought of the perfect idea! A campfire at the beach inspired cake. Which is what brought me to making a delicious miniature s'mores cake!

Inside the cake are 3 layers of graham cracker and 3 layers of chocolate. Next, we go to the outside of the cake where there is some delicious chocolate marshmallow frosting. Finally, to top it all off, I added 4 pieces of a broken up s'more on top with a few marshmallow sprinkles! Or, if we translate this into craft language . . .

To make the cake, I used white air-dry clay. Recently I made a large batch of plain white cakes so whenever I have time, I could decorate them. To get the colors, I used black, yellow, white, orange, and red Puffy paint along with white simulation cream. Once I had mixed the colors perfectly to get a graham-cracker-beige color, melted-marshmallow-white color, and a chocolate-brown color, I started painting the cake. I painted the inside layers to look like graham cracker & chocolate. Next, I used a toothpick to frost the cake with chocolate icing. I slightly swirled a bit of the graham cracker color and white marshmallow paint on areas of the frosting to make it look like a chocolate marshmallow frosting. Finally, I used an extra s'more which I had made a while ago, broke it into four different pieces, and placed the pieces on the cake. I also broke up a few pieces of white clay and sprinkled it on the top to look like marshmallow sprinkles.

Voila! A perfect sweet treat for a campfire at the beach! I hope you like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment