Friday, March 9, 2018

Miniature French Fries Made With Scrap Clay (Tutorial)

Hello crafters!

Normally, whenever I'm trying to make miniature french fries, I use a light yellow clay color and shape out each individual french fry. Due to not being able to work with clay for the past few days, I came up with a much quicker, easier way to make miniature french fries. Surprisingly, I actually like these french fries a little better than my normal ones. 

In this craft, I'm using scrap clay to make the mini french fries. If and when you have worked with air-dry clay for a few months, a few scrap pieces of clay that have accidentally dried might start to accumulate.  As a tip for any other crafters reading this, never throw anything away. Scrap pieces of clay, plastic containers, scrap pieces of fabric, paper with writing on part of it, etc. All types of things can amazingly be used to make cool, new things.

So after a long intro, it's finally time for the tutorial part of this post!

HOW TO MAKE MINIATURE FRENCH FRIES:

What You'll Need:
- Yellow french fry colored piece of scrap clay
- Scissors

First, I cut off two small rectangle-shaped pieces of clay.

Next, I vertically sliced both pieces in half, now turning the two slices of clay into four slices of clay.


After that, I horizontally cut all four of the pieces in half. Once I finished doing this, there were now eight small slices of clay, also known as eight adorable mini fries.


Finally, I glued the mini fries together on a miniature plate. I added some ketchup, mustard, and a hot dog in a bun on the side! 

I hope you liked this tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment