Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Disney Descendants Evie Inspired Handsewn Pincushion

Hello crafters!

Since this weekend's challenge on the app, Crafty Amino was themed with royal crafts and royal includes not only good royals as in queens, kings, princesses, and princes, but also rotten-to-the-core royals, I decided to go with a Disney Descendants themed craft.  A little while after I came up with an idea for a theme to use, my sewing needle had accidentally dropped again.  Once searching & finding it another time, I figured that I definitely needed a new pincushion, small enough to fit with my sewing things, but big enough to stick my needle into.

 All of that is what finally brought me to the conclusion of making . . . . . . . . A Disney Descendants Evie Inspired Pincushion!  But wait!  You're probably wondering how Evie, Daughter of the Evil Queen, is royal?  Well technically, since her mom is a queen, evil or not, she would have to be a princess.
Here is how the pincushion turned out:

This was actually the first pin cushion that I've ever made so I'm really pleased with the result.  Luckily I took a few photos while making this pincushion which is what makes this a perfect craft to turn into a tutorial for any Descenders that would like to make their own!

Ready to start this tutorial?  Before you start, make sure to have these tools, which are listed below, nearby!

For this craft, you'll need:
- Sewing needle
- Scissors
- Gold thread
- Red felt

- Gold felt
- Stuffing


After I gathered all of my supplies, I started cutting out the pattern.  First, I cut out two crown shapes in the gold felt and two heart shapes in the red felt.


Next, I placed both red hearts neatly on each other, threaded my needle with gold thread, and started sewing.

Before I finished sewing the heart together, I stuffed it with stuffing.

Then, I finished sewing the heart together and started sewing the two crowns in the same way I sewed the heart.  I also sewed the top of one half of the heart to the crown.

 After that, I kept sewing the crown.  Took a little while to sew every point and edge.

 Finally, I stuffed the crown with stuffing and finished sewing the crown together.  This Evie inspired pincushion is finished!
I hope you liked this tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment