Sunday, February 11, 2018

Miniature WIP Alligator

Hello crafters!

This morning, I'm super excited to finally post a new craft that I'm in the middle of working on.  One of the crafts that I'm working on is . . .

A miniature alligator! Never thought I would actually be trying to make one since there are so many details needed. I'm actually pretty impressed by it so far.

To make it, I used white air-dry clay to just easily shape the alligator face, mouth, body, and tail. Made the legs separate & had glued them on. Alligator tail accidentally broke a few times, but no worries! I glued the tailback every time & it healed!

Although rare, white alligators exist, I decided to make & paint it as a green alligator. Once the clay was dry, I painted it with one coat of green sun catcher paint. Next, I tried drawing on the back of the mini alligator with a marker & then re-coated the alligator with more sun catcher paint.

Not finished yet, still have a lot to finish on it including eyes, teeth details, and other extra details. Might also try making a habitat for it.

Well, I hope you like this beautiful alligator so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment