Sunday, December 31, 2017

Potato Chips & Hot Dogs

Hello crafters & Happy New Years Eve!

Today I have an adorable & small new mini food to show you! I actually had finished making this mini a few weeks ago, but couldn't find the time to post it.  Took awhile to create, but I think they turned out pretty well. 

As you can see in the picture below, I tried making hot dogs in a bun, with potato chips, mustard, and ketchup on the side. I had made about six plates of the same thing. Was actually much easier than I imagined to make them all almost exactly the same.  A bit tiny though since the plates I put the hot dogs & chips on were just 1 inch long!

To start making the chips, I just tore off at least 6 small pieces of yellowish beige clay.  Next, I used my fingers to press every piece or clay flat. Then, I used a piece of sandpaper, ripped in in half and place all of the small flat pieces of clay in between the both pieces of sandpaper to give it more of a texture. Finally, I used Tacky glue to glue the chips onto the plate.

Now onto the hot dogs & buns! First, I used a piece of beige clay, flattened it a bit and tried shaping it into a circle shape. Next, I used some maroon colored clay (I made it with red and black clay) and shaped & rolled a small piece of it until it was the perfect shape of a hot dog. Then, I used a toothpick to add a small dot of glue in the middle of the circle piece of beige clay & place the hot dog directly on it. Finally, I folded the beige clay (or bun) over to make it look it look perfectly like a hot dog in a bun.

Extra things I added was gluing the hot dog and bun to the plate, and using red and yellow Puffy Paint to look like the mustard and ketchup.

I hope you like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment