Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas Pudding Cake

Hello crafters!

After hours of making new clay cakes and pies, I'm so happy to relax, have a snack, and finally make a new blog post!  But lets just hope this post isn't too long so I don't fall asleep before I finish typing!💤

Anyways, today I'm so excited to finally post this Christmas Pudding Cake I created just a few days ago!

I started making it out of plain white clay.  I used my hands to shape it into an almost volcano-looking shape.  After it was all dry, I started painting it.  I was using a picture of a pudding cake to help me make it.  The picture of the pudding cake I was looking at seemed it had more texture so I mixed some brown Puffy Paint with brown chalk to make the texture more bumpy and look more realistic.  Next, I mixed yellow Puffy Paint with white Puffy Paint to make a vanilla colored.  I used a toothpick to drizzle the vanilla colored paint on top.

Then, I mixed blue, red and black clay to make a dark cherry colored clay.  I then rolled out three balls and stuck them to the plate.  I also rolled out small thin sticks of brown clay to make the stems on top of the cherries.  Finally, I mixed some Puffy Paint colors to make a cherry colored and painted the clay cherries with the paint to make them seem a bit shiny.

I hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment