Saturday, November 25, 2017

Chocolate Drizzle Peppermint Cake

Hello crafters!

After Thanksgiving, all I could think of was delicious pies and cakes, so I decided to try and make a delicious Chocolate Drizzle Peppermint Cake!  I think it turned out pretty well!

I had actually made it after seeing a delicious picture of some type of strawberry & whipped cream chocolate drizzle cake.  I then tried to make my mini cake exactly like it, except I added peppermint sticks on the top instead of strawberries & whipped cream.

To make it, I got some white clay, rolled it into a ball, and used two credit cards to flatten it out.  I then used the top from a glue stick to place on top of the clay, twist and cut the clay out to make a perfect circular cake shape around the size of a 1:12 scale cake.  I tend to use the tops from glue sticks to cut out some cakes since they work well like cookie cutters.  (warning: only use the glue stick tops for clay. Since glue is not edible, I don't recommend using these for food.)

Anyways, after I cut out the mini clay cake, I mixed some black and red Puffy Paint to make a dark chocolate looking drizzle.  To spread it, I just used a toothpick and spread it across the top of the cake.  I then slightly tried to paint it on the sides.  Once the chocolate drizzle was finished, I added a few peppermint sticks on top.  I liked it, but it still needed something.  So, I decided to add a few dots of chocolate drizzle on top of the peppermint sticks and added some chocolate sprinkles on top.  I then added just a few dots of chocolate drizzle on top of them.

It took awhile to make but I really loved the finished look.  I hope you like it!
Real cake compared to my cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment