Sunday, November 19, 2017

Brown Cuddly Teddy Bear + Tutorial

Hello crafters!

 On the app, Crafty Amino, I was so excited when I saw the challenge for this weekend which was cuddly crafts!

 Cuddly, fuzzy, and cute animals are just so adorable! So, the first thing that came to my mind was one of my fluffy teddy bears. Because of that, I decided to make a fluffy teddy bear for my dolls!

 She turned out perfect and so cute! Even though she is a teddy bear and not a cat, her name is Little Kitty. Here is a picture of her:


 This craft turned out pretty well, but honestly, I had a pretty hard time starting to make her. Actually, this was my first time ever trying to make a teddy bear, or any type of stuffed animal. Once I got an idea on how to make her which I hoped would work, it got a lot easier to finish making. Luckily, I took some pictures while making it which seem just perfect to share with any other crafters trying to make their first-ever teddy bear.

 Here is how I made it . . .

 You'll need:
- A pencil
- Paper
- Brown felt
- Brown thread
- Scissors
- Needle

 1.
First, I used a pencil to draw out the bear shape on a piece of cardstock paper. I didn't measure and just carefully drew it, but if you want to, a stencil could work. I then cut out the bear drawing.

 2.
Secondly, I place the bear shape drawing on top of a piece of brown felt. I then cut around the bear shape. By the time I finished, the piece of felt was the same exact shape as my drawing. I did this step twice so I would have two pieces of bear-shapes felt.

3.


Next, I placed one of the felt bear shapes neatly on top of the other piece. I used my needle to start sewing the two pieces together with brown thread. I sewed all around the edges.

4.
Then, once I finished the first part of the bear's ear, I stuffed it with stuffing. Every little while I added a bit of stuffing inside so by the time I finished, each part would be stuffed.

 5.
By this time, I had finished sewing the bear and had cut off all of the loose threads. Finally, I used a black permanent marker to draw on the mouth, eyes, and a few claws.

I finally finished working on this cuddly craft just about an hour ago. Been working on it since about yesterday morning. I really love Little Kitty!



 I hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment