Monday, January 22, 2018

Unicorn Ears & Horn - Making The Ears

Hello crafters!

Finally taking a break from working on these unicorn ears.  Took awhile, but luckily I'm basically finished with the ears!  The only thing left to finish is the glittery horn!

Making these ears took hours.  The hardest part would probably be making the fur.  Have to be honest, brushing out all of that fur is really tiring! 

Well, I originally was using yarn to make the faux fur, but I started wondering if I could use felt to make a similar-looking faux fur.  Both ways turned out to work well, so I made a bit of the faux fur out of yarn & the rest out of felt. 

I used scissors to cut off some of the thicker parts of yarn & felt so the of the fur would be perfectly fluffy!  The yarn I used was had pastel colors & then I used purple, white, and blue felt.  Once I made the fur, I mixed a variety of Puffy Paints to make a pinkish-purple paint.  After that, I used the paint to stick the fur onto the basic unicorn ears.  I tried to lightly add a few splashes of paint onto the ears to help all of the colors go together. 

After getting super messy with paint everywhere for the ears, I've just added one coat of glitter Puffy Paint onto the horn.  Planning to go back to work within a few minutes!

I hope you like these ears so far!  Make sure to check back soon for another update on these unicorn ears & horn!




























No comments:

Post a Comment