Thursday, August 3, 2017

Miniature Plate of Sushi

Happy to finally post this clay creation, been wanting to make a miniature plate of sushi for awhile and finally found the time to make it!
In this craft I made sushi with meat, cucumbers and carrots inside. I also added some Jasmine rice and pickled ginger on the side.

How I created it & tips:
It was pretty easy to create. I started off by making the sushi roll, then the rice, then carrots, cucumbers and meat. First, I mixed a little bit of black clay with a touch of green clay for a seaweed like color, I rolled it out flat into a long rectangle and sliced it in half. Next, I got a thicker piece of white clay and put it perfectly onto the seaweed. Then, I made a piece of pink clay to look like meat or fish, then some orange clay to look like a carrot and light green clay to look like cucumbers, and put all 3 ingredients at one end of the rice & seaweed. After that, I used the end of seaweed and rice that I put the cucumber, carrot and meat on to roll the it into a semi-flat circle.

Once I finished the basics, I used a needle and lightly made holes into the rice part of the sushi. I used a needle and the same technique to make the Jasmine rice on the side. I created the pickled ginger by using the same color i used for the meat/fish and adding some white clay to make the color a little lighter. I then flattened it out and cut it into small squares. And finally, I created a square dark pink plate and put the finished sushi, rice and gingered pickles on the plate!

It`s the perfect size for Barbie, Bratz and other 1:6 scale dolls!


No comments:

Post a Comment