Thursday, January 4, 2018

WIP Mardi Gras King Cake

Hello crafters!

Although New Years has passed so soon, there are still many holidays to craft for!   So at the moment, I'm working on some brand new Valentines & Mardi Gras minis!

After a giant micro bead avalanche earlier last night, a ton of my organized micro beads got mixed up.  Instead of picking them up & trying to organize them, I decided to try making a new mini food with them! 

Didn't feel like working with clay yesterday, even though I had wanted to make a Mardi Gras inspired cake.  So I decided to try making it out of the micro beads that had dropped during the avalanche.  I ended up making a mixture of micro beads, Puffy Paint, and glue! I mixed them all together and waited a few minutes. Once the mixture had dried enough to shape, I used a toothpick, & straw to shape the mixture into a Mardi Gras King Cake Shape!

It's not finished yet, planning to finish it soon!  Still have to paint the cake a brown bread color & add green, gold & purple sprinkles.  It is turning out pretty good so far.  And don't worry, none of the micro beads were injured in the avalanche!

I hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment