Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Tick Tock Black & White Clock Cake

Hello crafters!

So happy to finally post this brand new miniature cake which I started working on Saturday and finished it Sunday.  I was actually specifically making it for a Tick Tock crafts weekend challenge on the app, Crafty Amino.  A clock cake had automatically came into my mind along with the idea of Alice In Wonderland after I saw the challenge.  So that's what I decided to make!

I had originally drawn out a whole extravagant Alice in Wonderland, Clock cake idea.  It didn't work out as planned, so instead I stuck to a simple black & white clock cake.

First, I rolled out a ball of white clay, flattened it, and cut out a cake piece.  Next, I used a needle to flake the inside of the cake & cake piece.  It took about 30 minutes to flake, but turned out pretty impressive.  Once I had flaked the cake, I used a permanent black marker around the bottom inside the cake & cake piece to look like and Oreo cookie bottom crust.  Then, I used a mixture of Puffy Paint & Simulation cream on the outside of the cake.  After the first coat dried, I used the same black marker to draw on the clock numbers.  Then, I added another coat of whipped cream icing.

After that, I used black, confetti glitter and white Puffy Paint to paint the clock hands.  I also tried using it to give an almost 3D black & white effect in the middle of the cake.  The confetti glitter was mixed with Black Puffy Paint, so it might not be too visible in the pictures, but don't worry!  It is there!  Finally, I added 4 checker cookies to top off the cake!  The checker cookies were actually checker pieces I had leftover from when I made my Cheshire cat awhile ago.

Anyways, I hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment