Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Red Velvet Cake Slices

Hello again crafters!

Here with us now are two delicious pieces of miniature red velvet cake slices!

I made them back during November or December, but haven't been able to post them since these adorable cake slices have been canceling their last few interviews due to being snowed in.  But luckily they finally came to tell us all about themselves!

These were actually a bit easier to make than I expected.  First, I just got out a piece of red velvet colored clay & split it into two pieces.  Next, I used my fingers to shape both pieces into a triangle cake slice shape.  Then, I got out some white clay, flattened it, and cut out 2 perfectly straight strips of clay.  After that, I carefully placed one of the white strips in the middle on both sides of one of the cake slices.  I did the same thing with the other cake slice.

Then, I used a needle (toothpick works just as well) to flake both sides of both cake slices.  After that, I used a toothpick to slightly texture & flatten the white icing.  Finally, I glued the pieces to a mini plate!

Took awhile to flake, but it was really worth it!

I hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment