Friday, January 5, 2018

Happy New Year 2018 Gold Paint Charm

Hello crafters!

A few days later on posting this than I originally planned, but here it is!  My "Happy New Year 2018" charm!  Perfect on a bracelet or a necklace!



It was actually pretty easy to make.  After I had finished painting a craft on Christmas Eve, I had some leftover paint and forgot to store it.  It had dried on a plastic surface.  About a day after New Years Day, I peeled the dried gold paint pieces off of the plastic.  Even though it might not seem usable, I save all pieces of dried paint since every now and then, it comes in handy (like how I used dried white paint for my white holiday cake on a prep board).

Anyways, one of the paint pieces I peeled off was dried gold Acrylic paint, and the another was dried gold Puffy Paint.  I ended up wondering if I could put them together.  So, I placed the Puffy Paint piece on top of the bigger acrylic paint piece & used a toothpick to push them together.  Since the back side of the Puffy Paint piece was a bit sticky from not being 100% dry, the pieces stuck together.  Glue would've also probably worked.

Once they were stuck together, I used a permanent marker to write "Happy New Years!" and "2018" on it.  Finally, I used a toothpick to burrow a hole into the top of the piece of paint.  It is finally finished!

I hope you like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment