Tuesday, January 2, 2018

1:24 Scale 2018 Pillow!

Hello crafters! I can't believe it is officially 2018!

Because the beginning of 2017 is so exciting, yesterday morning I wanted to make a mini craft to celebrate! After seeing a picture of a pretty red & gold New Years inspired dress a few days ago, I decided to make some type of red & gold miniature out of fabric. I also just couldn't get the idea of a pillow with the year 2018 sewed on it out of my head. I figured to combine both ideas, and start trying a few different ways to make a pillow.

Was originally using my sewing machine to make the pillow, but the gold thread I was using kept getting tangled, so instead I hand-sewed it. I started by sewing the main ends of the pillow & adding stuffing inside. After that, I triple stitched the borders of the pillow to make the gold thread visible. Finally, I slightly stitched the 2, 0, 1, and 8 with the gold thread. Was super tiny & my first time ever stitching words or numbers onto something, so I'm pretty surprised it turned out as well as it did. 

Took over 3 hours to make & fits perfect for 1:24 scale dolls.

I hope you like it! Happy New Year!






No comments:

Post a Comment