Thursday, June 14, 2018

Miniature Bean Enchiladas, Omelets, WIP Burritos, and WIP Dishes With Queso Dip

Hello crafters!

I'm so excited to finally post some more new minis that I'm working on!

First off, on the right side of the photos shown below, are some beautiful burritos in progress! To make them, I wrapped a bit of white air-dry clay around some extra scrap green clay. It seemed like a better idea than making the actual ingredients and waisting majority of the items inside since I normally paint the outside of the mini anyways.

Next to the in-progress burritos are two bean enchiladas. In reality, the two enchiladas are actually just two beige pieces of scrap clay that I trimmed in an enchilada shape. To start transforming the two pieces, I mixed brown, yellow, orange, red, and white Puffy Paint to create cooked-bread colored paint. Then, I used a paintbrush to brush both pieces with the bread colored Puffy Paint mixture. While waiting for the pieces to dry, I cut up a piece of brown scrap clay into several small pieces & mixed the pieces with a mixture of red, black, and brown Puffy Paint. Doing this created a mixture that looked very similar to a bean mixture oozing out of an enchilada. Finally, I applied the mixture onto the end of both enchiladas.


Right in front of the bean enchiladas and next to the WIP burritos are some delicious omelets! Being my first ever time creating miniature omelets, I think they turned out pretty well! First, just like the enchiladas, I painted the omelets to give them a yellow-ish cooked look. Next, I cut a piece of green & red scrap clay into several small pieces. After that, on the first omelet, I used a bit of Tacky Glue to attach a few of the cut up pieces to give the omelet some color & look like seasonings. Then, I mixed Tacky Glue with orange, red & yellow Puffy Paint to create a cheesy looking mixture. Finally, I spread the mixture onto the inside of the second omelet and added a few of the extra scrap clay pieces on top.

The final minis-in-progress in the photos below are two bowls of queso dip and two plates with a bit of queso dip on the side. At the moment, I'm still working on the other minis to go along with the queso dip. I'll be posting photos of the finished dishes with queso dip & the finished burritos soon!

I hope you liked these tasty inedible minis!







Until next time,
- Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment