Thursday, February 8, 2018

Use Scrap Clay To Make Shredded Carrots - Tutorial

Hello crafters!

Over the last few days, I've been having tons of fun creating miniature prep boards! Will soon be posting all of the recent prep boards that I've made, but for now, I have created another tutorial to show you all!

In one of my recent mini prep boards that I was working on, I was making a stir-fry. I wanted to have some shredded carrots in my stir-fry but, since I wasn't in the mood to work with clay, I came up with a way to make mini shredded carrots with scrap clap!

If you have seen some of my other posts then you probably know that I mainly work with air-dry clay. Over time, I tend to have pieces of clay that I accidentally leave out and end up hardening. Instead of throwing them out, I normally keep all dried scrap pieces of clay inside a specific bin just in case I need them.

After trying to come up with an idea of how to make carrots without working with clay, I decided to try using an orange piece of scrap clay.

Photo of how the finished product looked.

These shredded carrots were actually very simple to make. Here's how I made these delicious, non-edible, miniature carrots:

First, I cut off a tiny slice of some bright orange clay.

Next, I cut that slice of orange clay in half.

After that, I cut the new slice of orange in half again.

Then, I cut the piece into another half.

Finally, I added the mini shredded clay carrots into the stir fry that I was creating!

With just a tiny slice of orange clay, it's pretty easy to make many shredded carrots.

I hope you liked this tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment