Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Tutorial - Making Mini Candy Canes

Hello crafters!

WIthin the last few days without internet, I have had a ton of time.  It turned out to be just enough time to finish a few quick DIY Christmas inspired tutorials!

If you have read a few of my posts over the last few weeks, you might remember when I mentioned about I would soon be posting a tutorial on how to make candy canes.  Well just as I promised, it is time for a mini candy cane tutorial!

Here is the tutorial for . . .

How to make miniature clay candy canes!

1. First, start off with red and white clay.  Try making sure both pieces of clay are about the same amount of clay.


2.  Next, lay the red piece of clay across the white clay with it making an X shape.











3. Then, slowly twist the clay.  Keep twisting it until it is as thick or as thin as you would like.  I would suggest using thicker candy canes for larger sizes and thinner candy canes for smaller sizes.
















4. After I was happy with the long candy cane stick, I cut off a piece of it.


5. With the piece you cut off, start bending over the top to make it into a cane shape.




6. Your candy cane is finished!  Now it is time for the dolls to eat them!




I hope you liked this tutorial!  If you have any other questions on how to make candy canes, feel free to ask in the comments!

 Check back soon!  Within a few days I will be posting a new tutorial showing how to make your own barbie or 1:12 scale size doll stockings!

No comments:

Post a Comment