Thursday, June 15, 2017

Hickory Dickory Dock....

This weekend I have been working on a craft for the nursery rhymes craft weekend challenge on Crafty Amino.

When I saw the nursery rhyme challenge the first thing I thought of was the nursery rhyme "Hickory Dickory Dock" So when the mice ran up the clock it gave me an idea to make a clock and some cute mice to climb it!

In the picture below I made a golden & brown clock. First, I got 4 popsicle sticks and made some brown clay. Next, I covered the sticks in brown clay and put the pieces together (the sticks help to hold it together). I flattened​ and shaped the sides, inside, top and bottom until it was the perfect shapes I wanted. Then, I filled the top part with yellow clay and used black, gray & yellow clay to make the hands at the bottom part.
When it was finished, I used golden paint to paint the yellow parts and made a super nice dark brown wood-like paint color using red & green Puffy paint & used that to paint the brown parts. When painting the darker brown on I used my paintbrush to give it wood-like strokes. Finally, I painted on the numbers. Oh, I also made 2 gray mice so they could run up the clock! They got a little paint on them while helping me and refuse to wash it off!

Hope you like it! #nurseryrhymecrafts




No comments:

Post a Comment