Friday, January 19, 2018

Unicorn Ears & Horn In Progress!

Hello crafters!

It's Friday, and of course, like always I'm always up to some new & unusual craft!

Today I'm making a unicorn inspired headset with unicorn ears & a unicorn horn.  Never have exactly made faux fur ears, but I'm ready to learn!
I just finished making the bases for the ears and horn.  I used light purple cardstock paper to make them.  For the ears, I just tried folding one side of the paper into a cone looking shape & did the same with the other side, I used tape & tried flattening them just a bit to make sure they stayed.  After the ears, I started working on the horn.  For the horn, I used the scrap paper from the ears & just folded the paper to make a longer & narrow cone shape.  I also used tape to keep it together.

I'm planning on attaching the ears to the headband in the picture below.  I'm thinking to make a fabric cover for the headband to make it a bit bigger & easier to attach the ears and horn onto.  Planning to use glitter for the unicorn horn.  Still deciding what to use to make it glittery.  Confetti Glitter Puffy Paint or glitter tape?  Let me know your opinion in the comments.

Well, I hope you like the bases! Can't wait to see how they will turn out!  Check back since I will be posting updates of these ears & showing other crafts that I'm working on throughout the night!

Time to get messy!


No comments:

Post a Comment